1. Site Valet
  2. Uncategorized
  3. Wednesday, July 06 2016
  4.  Subscribe via email
https://www.amazon.com/CAPS-Poetry-2015-Anthology-Marina/dp/0997325801/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&;qid=1467832007&sr=8-1&keywords=CAPS+Poetry+2015"">Order
your copy now
“What strikes me most vividly in this second CAPS anthology is the variety of its voices, its remarkable range of subjects, attitudes, and tones, its many ways into the world. Each of the poets represented has performed his or her part in doing what poetry is always doing: translating the world into the felt and feeling word. Here are poems about funerals or love-making or a gun atrocity or a dead boy transformed into a pear tree; or a wide-awake rhapsody on a butterfly or on an Evinrude outboard. Here are poems speaking ecological passion or private desire or social commentary, or just observing an “armada” of panicky geese or a bullfrog speaking a secret language of Summer, mating, and rain. Here are poems about poetry itself, its aches and raptures. (Even a poem that is taken up, almost ritualistically, with why the poet “Can’t say a thing.”)

https://www.amazon.com/CAPS-Poetry-2015-Anthology-Marina/dp/0997325801/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&;qid=1467832007&sr=8-1&keywords=CAPS+Poetry+2015"">[img]images/stories/CAPSAntho2015_MupCaptVignetteFULL.jpg[/img]
https://www.amazon.com/CAPS-Poetry-2015-Anthology-Marina/dp/0997325801/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&;qid=1467832007&sr=8-1&keywords=CAPS+Poetry+2015"">CAPS 2015 Poetry Anthology

• Paperback: 116 pages
  • Publisher: CAPS Press; 1 edition (March 18, 2016)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0997325801
  • ISBN-13: 978-0997325805
  • Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.3 x 9 inches
  • Shipping Weight: 8.2 ounces

All these poems have, happily, as their common denominator that urge that prompts any poem into existence: the urge to pay closer, slower attention. Each slows things down a little bit by paying each one its due measure of attention, so that the ordinary world—whether public or intensely private—glows, caught in the poem’s own deep, achieved moment. Doing so, they bring home to readers not only the in nite variety of the world, but the many faces and possibilities of poetry itself. A feast!”

<p style="text-align: right;">— Eamon Grennan author of “ Out of Sight: New & Selected Poems” (Graywolf)

“A thank you to the poets who make this anthology a treasure for us all. The new CAPS Anthology is a joy to read. It reflects the vital state of the arts which thrive in the Hudson Valley in 2016, and celebrates our poets and their poems.

Reading this new anthology makes all of us more grateful than ever that we have so many voices who add to the beauty that surrounds us, and their work will inspire young readers as well as their elders to be creative themselves...

Fine poetry from the heart, like all forms of sincere art built to last, fosters energy and creativity in others. We can all spend time reading and re-reading this new collection and we all eagerly look forward to the next one.”

<p style="text-align: right;">— David Amram Beacon NY

“Calling All Poets has successfully created a diverse community of poets and writers who support one another. Whenever I’m there, I feel as if I am part of something bigger, a movement in the arts. In addition, they have embraced technology, streaming readers outside the area live and broadcasting the events online. Calling all Poets is the best series in the Hudson Valley!

<p style="text-align: right;">— Rebecca Schumejda poet, “Cadillac Men” “Waiting at the Dead End Diner

“CAPS is about poetry of course. But it’s also about community, how it’s actually created a community of diverse personalities and backgrounds that come together each month to speak in the one language we all know. The spoken word. Every month there’s a mark on the calendar that we all look forward to.”

<p style="text-align: right;">— Ken Holland poet, Pushcart nominee

[img]images/stories/CAPSAnthoInnerCapt_GC450.jpg[/img]“Being a part of CAPS has been a tremendously enriching experience from
the very first time I read there. It is a truly nurturing, inspiring, environment where you can develop your voice among a diverse family of extremely talented writers.”

<p style="text-align: right;">— Lawrence Sansone 1st Poet Laureate of Beacon, co-CAPS Tech Czar

“Poetry in the Hudson Valley is as important to American culture in the 21st century as the Hudson River School of Painting was in the 19th century and Calling All Poets is at the forefront.”

<p style="text-align: right;">— Dr. Barbara Adams poet, author, Professor Emerita, Pace University, 1981-2001

“The Hudson Valley is one of the most vibrant and exciting poetry regions in the country and Calling All Poets in Beacon is a centerpiece for the power of words. I feel fortunate to be part of this creative current and to be able to share the art of language with the hundreds of writers I’ve met and whose works I’ve been able to read and hear over the years.”

https://www.amazon.com/CAPS-Poetry-2015-Anthology-Marina/dp/0997325801/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&;qid=1467832007&sr=8-1&keywords=CAPS+Poetry+2015"">Order
your copy now
<p style="text-align: right;">— Laurence Carr author, “Pancake Hollow Primer;” editor, Riverine;
co-editor, WaterWrites & A Slant of Light (Codhill Press);
Professor of English & Theatre, SUNY New Paltz

oetry-2015-anthology&catid=16&Itemid=410#discuss-26">Read full article
Comment
There are no comments made yet.

There are no replies made for this post yet.
Be one of the first to reply to this post!
Add a Comment
Captcha
To protect the site from bots and unauthorized scripts, we require that you enter the captcha codes below before posting your question.